This will surely help the male gaze issue in games [ZombiU] (i.imgur.com)

2226 ups - 942 downs = 1284 votes

276 comments submitted at 16:02:54 on Jan 3, 2013 by learntofart

  • [-]
  • jrgoode
  • 202 Points
  • 20:54:07, 3 January

She's a real keeper

NSFW

  • [-]
  • PandaCheeseCake
  • 63 Points
  • 21:13:47, 3 January

Now that is just fantastic.

  • [-]
  • BareKnuckle
  • 34 Points
  • 22:18:47, 3 January

the amount of airbrush is too damn high, but still she is hot as hell

  • [-]
  • yuze_
  • -1 Points
  • 01:01:14, 4 January

So much airbrush but they didn't brush out the areola pimples goddamnit.

  • [-]
  • DireBaboon
  • 6 Points
  • 01:07:52, 4 January

Montgomery glands not pimples

  • [-]
  • Danfish77
  • 3 Points
  • 01:14:30, 4 January

I hate when they edit those out of people when they have them- I think smooth nipples/areolas look so weird!

  • [-]
  • DireBaboon
  • 2 Points
  • 01:14:48, 4 January

Agreed, I like em

  • [-]
  • ChickenMouth
  • 13 Points
  • 22:10:26, 3 January

her name?

  • [-]
  • Dayman07
  • 32 Points
  • 22:18:09, 3 January

Took some work but I found it. Alice Goodwin.

  • [-]
  • insidiousFox
  • 8 Points
  • 00:13:22, 4 January

Job well done, soldier. This internets thanks you for your service.

More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • broden
  • 4 Points
  • 23:11:18, 3 January

Albert Einstein.

  • [-]
  • zanhoshi
  • 5 Points
  • 23:17:05, 3 January

Atari Dumbledore.

  • [-]
  • ProbablyNotCorrect
  • 18 Points
  • 21:41:02, 3 January

god bless you

  • [-]
  • NotSeriousAtAll
  • 0 Points
  • 00:35:29, 4 January

Doing the Lord's work!

  • [-]
  • Lutgerion
  • 38 Points
  • 21:08:48, 3 January

NSFW people.

  • [-]
  • sumphatguy
  • 2 Points
  • 23:36:24, 3 January

Why thank you, kind sir or madame.

  • [-]
  • FruityHD
  • 1 Points
  • 23:48:20, 3 January

I waited for her to change into the zombie and scare the crap out of me. I was pleasantly surprised.

  • [-]
  • Phen0meenal
  • 1 Points
  • 00:41:16, 4 January

Porn really has destroyed my boner-ability when looking at these kinds of pictures.

  • [-]
  • TheDeliciousHerb
  • 1 Points
  • 00:53:10, 4 January

Well that's just swell.

  • [-]
  • ZeronicX
  • 0 Points
  • 01:04:41, 4 January

I'm replying for uh.......non porn reasons

  • [-]
  • Rab_Legend
  • 1 Points
  • 01:22:05, 4 January

It's a spitter... ^sorry ^i'll ^see ^myself ^out...

  • [-]
  • RalphieTheCat
  • 45 Points
  • 20:25:44, 3 January

I mean...I'd still do it. No necro.

  • [-]
  • NotJarred
  • 18 Points
  • 22:32:53, 3 January

hey, undead doesn't count as dead, so i think we're good to go

  • [-]
  • StopReadingMyUser
  • 12 Points
  • 23:01:03, 3 January

She'll eat you.

^^^badum ^^^tss

  • [-]
  • NotJarred
  • 3 Points
  • 23:18:30, 3 January

i sure hope so ifyouknowwhatimean

  • [-]
  • byobguy
  • 1 Points
  • 00:06:53, 4 January

In zombie Russia, girl eat you

More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • iia
  • 141 Points
  • 18:19:19, 3 January

I thought male gaze preferred other guys.

  • [-]
  • ballpitpredator
  • 55 Points
  • 20:37:34, 3 January

ha!

More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • Vicious1704
  • 96 Points
  • 19:02:38, 3 January

Alice Goodwin. You're welcome.

  • [-]
  • MisunderstoodPenguin
  • 17 Points
  • 20:07:09, 3 January

You're doin the lords work here son.

  • [-]
  • MisterSaltine
  • 14 Points
  • 20:23:46, 3 January

I wonder if the zombie virus is also a STD...

  • [-]
  • SnakeyesX
  • 38 Points
  • 20:55:04, 3 January

Every disease is an STD if you try hard enough

  • [-]
  • MisterSaltine
  • 5 Points
  • 22:22:35, 3 January

That should be on a t-shirt. You'd get all the woman of ill-repute.

  • [-]
  • Nightfalls
  • 1 Points
  • 22:27:58, 3 January

That's actually quite true. You can catch pretty much any transmittable disease through intercourse. Hard to say how it was transferred, but it's entirely possible to get a cold from a partner even if you never kiss them or exchange any other bodily fluids. Same thing goes for transfusions.

  • [-]
  • learntofart
  • 4 Points
  • 20:56:13, 3 January

One way to find out.

  • [-]
  • Z-Bennington
  • 47 Points
  • 20:11:09, 3 January

Not sure that many of you understand Laura Mulvey's 'male gaze'. It refers not explicitly to the look of a male spectator at an objectified female but more specifically the forced identification of a female spectator with a male view point created by the 'look' of the camera. Its a feminist ting yo.

  • [-]
  • Z-Bennington
  • 19 Points
  • 20:11:42, 3 January

Oh and this definitely supports the 'male gaze' - the zombie is still semi-naked and I'd still tap it.

  • [-]
  • Hotsauce-jizzer
  • 10 Points
  • 20:24:05, 3 January

only from the back though, you might get bit trying some missionary

  • [-]
  • UnlurkedToPost
  • 3 Points
  • 01:06:55, 4 January

I'd double tap that

  • [-]
  • clerveu
  • 6 Points
  • 20:43:52, 3 January

I didn't exactly understand your definition so I went to look it up on Wikipedia. Now I'm even more curious.

  • [-]
  • A_DIZZY_FALAFEL
  • 2 Points
  • 22:01:26, 3 January

And that youtube link is dead...

  • [-]
  • Narshero
  • 2 Points
  • 00:29:02, 4 January

Try just Gaze. The stuff's in there.

  • [-]
  • prince_of_tacoma
  • 1 Points
  • 01:21:51, 4 January

If you actually want to learn about the male gaze, you might want to find a copy of the essay:

Visual Pleasure and Narrative Cinema by Laura Mulvey (Screen 16(3) 6-18)

  • [-]
  • Highlighter_Freedom
  • 5 Points
  • 21:48:10, 3 January

Not sure that I follow how this could occur in games--doesn't the player usually control the camera in games?

  • [-]
  • SecondTalon
  • 26 Points
  • 22:04:27, 3 January

Sometimes. (Giant-ass Mass Effect image. You know the one.)

Quite literally, there's a character the player is conversing with who is being rendered as nothing more than a smashing ass.

Male Gaze

  • [-]
  • Caziban
  • 11 Points
  • 22:11:18, 3 January

So... I can clearly see examples of "Male Gaze," but what I can't find any information on is why it's a problem. The wiki article on it... was deleted? Do you know why?

  • [-]
  • Tentacolt
  • 7 Points
  • 22:23:20, 3 January

Because it's "objectification" which is a more forgiving way of saying dehumanization.

  • [-]
  • ChristopherNP
  • 15 Points
  • 22:31:00, 3 January

and shooting a whole bunch of people in mass effect etc. is totally not dehumanizing?

  • [-]
  • Caziban
  • 11 Points
  • 22:35:37, 3 January

I'm curious to read about a rebuttal to this, too. Since I've been provided with a definition, I can see examples of dehumanization everywhere. Hell, brawny is an example of dehumanization, right? Cologne campaigns are examples of this. It would appear, at least to me, that objectification is present everywhere across male-directed forms and female-directed forms of media.

I guess what I'm saying with this is that I don't see the problem with objectification and dehumanization because our society seems to have been doing this forever and we're not going crazy and shit thinking that the opposite gender is a pet or something. I think both genders are smart enough to realize that these are advertisements and entertainment, nothing more. Perhaps there are a small minority who take it to the dangerous extreme, but the pieces just aren't clicking for me...

  • [-]
  • SVTBert
  • 12 Points
  • 23:20:03, 3 January

Exactly. /r/ladyboners and any post with a decent looking guy is a perfect example of this. It's incredibly disingenuous to pretend that women don't objectify attractive men as well. People who cry foul on either side need to be slapped.

People like looking at attractive things, that's all it really boils down to.

  • [-]
  • Caziban
  • 6 Points
  • 23:52:33, 3 January

Right, I completely agree with you. I just don't understand why male sexuality is so malicious and evil now while female sexuality is considered "Normal." :\ It feels criminal, at least when I talk to feminists, to be a male.

  • [-]
  • Danfish77
  • 1 Points
  • 01:16:50, 4 January

Then you're not talking to feminists, you're talking to assholes.

  • [-]
  • concreteteeth
  • 0 Points
  • 01:20:21, 4 January

Who is saying lady boners is fine? Male sexuality isn't evil, but let's face it, the sexualizing of women in video games (what does /r/ladyboners have to do with games anyway, i think you're kicking a strawman here..) far outweighs the sexualization of men. Those men aren't brawny to fulfil female sexual fantasies, they're marketed to a male audience.

More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • nghtcrawler5
  • 1 Points
  • 01:21:42, 4 January

I've had enough of your disingenuous assertions.

  • [-]
  • prince_of_tacoma
  • 1 Points
  • 01:25:04, 4 January

The problem is that objectification of women leads to oppression. Men aren't being oppressed. At least, that is how I understand what I've read.

  • [-]
  • wasao2u
  • 7 Points
  • 23:17:54, 3 January

I agree with most of what you're saying. But to think that both genders are smart enough... remember, there are a LOT of dumb people in this world. I think it's mostly a subliminal thing. The same way rappers rap about girls being bitches and drinking and getting high, how it supposedly (I don't have a source although I've read about the subject before) makes young men treat women like hoes.

  • [-]
  • Ajzzz
  • 3 Points
  • 23:37:54, 3 January

> young men treat women like hoes

The prevalent view of prostitutes and how they "should" be treated is dehumanizing.

  • [-]
  • Caziban
  • 0 Points
  • 23:23:08, 3 January

>The same way rappers rap about girls being bitches and drinking and getting high, how it supposedly (I don't have a source although I've read about the subject before) makes young men treat women like hoes.

Perfect example. I am curious to see the ratio of how many people listen to these types of subliminal messages vs how many of those people are actually affected by these messages. From there, I think we could get a better sense of "Male Gaze" is a serious problem or not. I mean, hell, how many women are really affected by brawny paper towels? I'd say slim to none. I'd take it a step further and say it's probably around the same ratio when it comes to video games and advertisements like the one OP posted.

  • [-]
  • Tentacolt
  • 1 Points
  • 22:41:49, 3 January

them fucks is aliens bruh

  • [-]
  • 1338h4x
  • 2 Points
  • 00:32:01, 4 January

Fighting enemies is a major gameplay element. Random ass shots serve no purpose.

  • [-]
  • Caziban
  • 3 Points
  • 22:31:49, 3 January

I see. This is starting to make sense. So, can you tell me what is the end result of objectification? Why is objectification bad? (Don't call me out on this. Believe me, I am well damn aware that dehumanization is not something positive. I'm just curious to see what people believe the end result of objectification is.)

And if you're really willing to go for the bonus round: Can you tell me how Male Gaze dehumanizes women? (Or link me a study or some shit so I can read into this stuff. Is there a study that shows that after X amount of hours in "Male Gaze," males tend to treat females like pets or something?)

  • [-]
  • Tentacolt
  • 5 Points
  • 22:43:46, 3 January

There isn't really an "end result" because it's not a new thing, it's just been bleeding from general culture into popular culture as pop culture's become less filtered. The result of objectification is that people don't take women seriously simply because they are a woman. Another result is the idea that since women are meant to please men sexually, it is a disservice when they refuse, hence rape, and hence the notion of "frienndzoning".

  • [-]
  • Caziban
  • 5 Points
  • 22:57:14, 3 January

Thanks for your reply! I have a question for you, do you have any evidence to support this claim?

>The result of objectification is that people don't take women seriously simply because they are a woman.

I've seen this thrown around a lot and makes sense, but I never see a citation to it anywhere. I mean, I doubt an entire movement of people would literally just assume this is what happens because that seems rather silly. There's a study that supports this, right? I'd love to read it for myself!

>Another result is the idea that since women are meant to please men sexually, it is a disservice when they refuse, hence rape, and hence the notion of "frienndzoning".

I feel a little conflicted about this. Do you really think that rapists are actually just normal, every-day males who have been refused sexual pleasure when they asked, and that's why they raped women? And I personally don't think you have the correct definition of "friend-zoning" if you're equating that to rape or sexual pleasure. At least, to my knowledge and to every other male that I have spoken to, the term "friend-zoning" happens when a male tries to enter a serious relationship with a female and she just assumes him to be her best friend. She'll flirt with him, go out with him, rant about her problems with him, etc. everything that would appear to be the start of something serious, but then, she only wants to be friends with him. That, at least to me and everyone that I know that's male, is the definition of the "friend-zone." It has nothing to do with sexual encounters. Where did you get/hear that definition? That friendzoning and rape are two related concepts?

  • [-]
  • ravaena
  • 1 Points
  • 01:07:33, 4 January

From a feminine perspective, friendzoning is when a man befriends a woman (or in some cases is merely nice to) with the expectation that this will get him sex. This relates to rape in that, by expecting sex, the man becomes bitter and resentful, believing that his actions of friendship have earnt him the right to sexual gratification via the use of this woman's body. I don't think most cases of friendzoning result in rape, but I think you can see that the idea of sex being something that is OWED you by this woman, can lead to some men taking it forcefully. After all, they were nice to her. They deserve it, right?

  • [-]
  • throwawaylifad
  • 1 Points
  • 01:13:58, 4 January

No, they are just annoyed that the girl might string them along and keep them close just for the benefits like asking them for help, a shoulder to cry on, avoiding the question of a relationship.

The age old "Why are all my boyfriends total assholes?"

"uhhh, you could go out with me if you like"

"Hahaha, you're so funny!"

More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • throwawaylifad
  • 1 Points
  • 01:14:16, 4 January

At least, to my knowledge and to every other male that I have spoken to, the term "friend-zoning" happens when a male tries to enter a serious relationship with a female and she just assumes him to be her best friend. She'll flirt with him, go out with him, rant about her problems with him, etc. everything that would appear to be the start of something serious, but then, she only wants to be friends with him.

Exactly. I might ruffle some feathers by having the nerve to say this, but it's quite obvious that women use sex as a way to get what they want. You ask a girl if she wants to have sex with you and she will almost definitely say no, switch the genders and most guys will say yes to a girl. You never hear girls complaining about "friend-zoning", do you? That's because it generally doesn't happen to them. They have far more choice in who they can go out with because so many more people will say yes to them. Think about the fact that a guy who has a lot of sex is considered cool, but a girl who does that is considered a slut.

This argument, like a lot of arguments to do with feminism etc, is full of double standards on the female side.

  • [-]
  • ravaena
  • 1 Points
  • 01:24:09, 4 January

I think you're over-simplifying things. For one thing, you're pretty clearly ignoring the relative attractiveness of the people involved. Plenty of unattractive women are ignored by men, or have crushes on guys who don't want to go out with them. This fact is conveniently ignored by men who wish to complain about how no women like them... because they only want to go out with super attractive women, despite being not-so-hot themselves. And you speak of double standards? As for using sex. Well. If you give a person only one tool, do you really have a right to complain about them using it? If women weren't treated as though their only real value is as a sex object, maybe they wouldn't feel the need to rely on sex to get what they want.

  • [-]
  • monkeedude1212
  • 0 Points
  • 22:35:56, 3 January

I think dehumanization is a bit too far. Objectification is more accurate and should be used as such.

Objectifying a woman as a "sex object" doesn't dehumanize her, it simply alters the perspective of what is human. When one typically thinkgs of dehumanizing, you think of Genocides and how they treat entire races or cultures as something not with the same worth as their own culture or race.

Objectifying itself is something else though; The male gamers who objectify Miranda will hold her in higher esteem than the other characters, and want to ensure that she's protected and used to her fullest capabilities.

It's a weird subject, especially when the personalities are entirely virtual and not human to begin with; but the point I mean to make is that in the case of Male Gaze, the "Objectifying" Nature goes in the exact OPPOSITE direction of dehumanization. The sexualized object of desire is MORE valuable than other objects of the same caliber.

  • [-]
  • kaycal
  • 3 Points
  • 23:00:44, 3 January

Is it possible that objectification is similar to dehumanization, in that both treat the victim as an object (ie; less worth than a human)?

Example: Miranda's value is directly tied to her sexuality. Basically, she's a virtual fleshlight first, and a space warrior second.

  • [-]
  • monkeedude1212
  • 1 Points
  • 23:03:16, 3 January

>(ie; less worth than a human)?

This is the part that seperates it: No one in the game is human, and comparatively speaking, the player often values the virtual fleshlight more than the virtual human or the virtual space warrior.

It's dehumanizing in a "This wasn't human to begin with, but even if it were, its worth more than the other humans".

  • [-]
  • kaycal
  • 4 Points
  • 23:20:40, 3 January

>This is the part that seperates it: No one in the game is human

Speaking relatively, they are-- or, at least, are intended to be.

> and comparatively speaking, the player often values the virtual fleshlight more than the virtual human or the virtual space warrior.

And this is the problem: that women in games are almost always virtual fleshlights first and foremost, and interesting characters second (if at all).

> It's dehumanizing in a "This wasn't human to begin with, but even if it were, its worth more than the other humans".

I'd disagree; it's dehumanizing in a "this character's worth is directly tied to their sexuality."

Put another way: if Miranda was "ugly" (but otherwise the same character), she'd be worth less; by your own comment, you'd be less likely to value or protect her as a result.

The problem isn't objectification alone, but how one-sided that objectification is; the same type^1 of objectification does not apply to male characters. Dudeshep isn't turned into a sex object; Picard's ass isn't the focal point of his character (unfortunately); Darth Vader was ugly as fuck, and still managed to be a compelling character.

Tl;dr: we're tired of being consistently and routinely depicted as fleshlights, especially when it's almost completely tangential to the plot.

.^1 Male characters are often portrayed in power fantasies. Good litmus test between power and sexual fantasies: would you rather have or be the subject in question?

-edit- on phone, typos everywhere ;_;

  • [-]
  • monkeedude1212
  • 2 Points
  • 23:27:58, 3 January

>that women in games are almost always virtual fleshlights first and foremost, and interesting characters second (if at all).

Well Mass Effect is a bad example then, because I think both Miranda's and Jack's backstory were interestingly designed.

>Put another way: if Miranda was "ugly" (but otherwise the same character), she'd be worth less; by your own comment, you'd be less likely to value or protect her as a result.

Not worth any less than Garrus or Joker or any other male character; she'd be back on the same level, as opposed to this higher pedestal she was on once being sexually desired.

She's not Worthless - she's simply worth... Less... when ugly, compared to pretty.

Yes, there are females in games who seem to serve no purpose besides being an object to be sexualized, but not every sexualized woman is dehumanized like that.

More Comments - Not Stored
More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • WookieeCookie
  • 7 Points
  • 22:28:56, 3 January

The Miranda "Ass Effect" example is a really good one for why "male gaze" can be destructive.

The core idea is that the creator of media, (ie: director, cinematographer, artist, game designer, etc etc) get's to determine what WE, the consumer look at and value. One of the tools they have is to direct our attention at a specific object or action. This is a tool a creator uses to tell us what's important. (For example, in Legend of Zelda, when Link approaches his Sword for the first time, the cut scene will focus the camera directly on the weapon to introduce it to the player. The creator is saying: "HEY! LISTEN!" This sword is important. You can see it's sharp, it's pointed. It oozes untold legend and past battles. Focus only on it for this scene!"

Because historically, most creators have been men; we've had a strong emphasis on the female form in a sexualized manner. Over time this affects our culture and may actually affect the way we look at women as a whole.

How does this apply to Mass Effect?

Miranda is the perfect woman. Genetically engineered to be the successor to her father. Incredibly Smart. Incredibly Strong. She cares greatly for her only family member (sister), and possibly Shephard (you). She is also deeply conflicted about her allegiance, does she continue to work with Cerberus despite her misgivings? Does she join Shephard and his mission against the Reapers?

However, frequently when you have a dialogue with Miranda, the "creator of the camera angle" decided to provide an angle that focuses on her finely shaped ass. What he's indirectly saying is: "HEY CONSUMER! Forget everything you know about this complex character, instead ENJOY THIS FEMALE ASS!".

Ultimately most consumers (young male demographic) end up forgetting everything important about Miranda as a character and instead remember her as a sex object. ("Who cares what Miranda has to say? Look at that Ass, I just want to fuck her)

You can actually see this impact occur due to all of the "Ass Effect" memes and comments that come have been created since ME2's release.

  • [-]
  • dragonsandgoblins
  • 1 Points
  • 00:39:10, 4 January

>Ultimately most consumers (young male demographic) end up forgetting everything important about Miranda as a character and instead remember her as a sex object.

Um, what?

I agree that the memes about her ass come up so much because the camera focused on it so damn much but I think it is a little far to imply, nay flat out say, that young men see an ass and immediately forget everything.

  • [-]
  • Danfish77
  • 1 Points
  • 01:19:00, 4 January

I forgot she was supposed to be smart until halfway through ME3. It didn't help that I equate Australian with Ignorant (sorry Aussies)

  • [-]
  • Ajzzz
  • 0 Points
  • 23:40:05, 3 January

Yes, BioWare made me love female ass, it was all them, the same way iD is responsible for school shootings.

More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • ForcedToJoin
  • 1 Points
  • 22:24:05, 3 January

Because, like, objectification and shit.

  • [-]
  • CrazyBastard
  • 1 Points
  • 01:22:37, 4 January

Try the other wiki.

  • [-]
  • Stalking_Goat
  • -1 Points
  • 22:42:07, 3 January

At a guess, it was deleted because Wikipedia has been taken over by neckbearded men. Seriously, check out the gender stats of editors, it's probably worse than game designers.

  • [-]
  • Caziban
  • 1 Points
  • 22:51:23, 3 January

Come on now... Don't you think it's a little far-fetched that there's a secret group of men on wikipedia who are silencing anything that might be considered "feminist?"

Sounds like a really bad conspiracy theory :\ Don't you think it's a little sexist to assume that all males who are editors on wikipedia have a secret "pro-male/anti-female" agenda?

  • [-]
  • Stalking_Goat
  • 1 Points
  • 01:23:56, 4 January

Good heavens, how did you get a conspiracy theory out of what I wrote? It's not that there is a secret cabal at Wikipedia or anything silly like that. Rather, the current group of editors use the site's rules to remove or deprecate pages on subjects that make "them" uncomfortable. The demographics of the dominant editors is not in dispute; Jimmy Wales has written about how it worries him. And the now-entrenched bias towards "deletionism" means that pages on subjects that make middle-class white young men with poor social skills uncomfortable, are easily and speedily deleted.

  • [-]
  • Narshero
  • 0 Points
  • 00:31:08, 4 January

The page "Male gaze" was deleted. The page "Male Gaze" properly redirects to Gaze.

  • [-]
  • wasao2u
  • 3 Points
  • 23:14:41, 3 January

Whoa, I want to play mASS Effect now.

  • [-]
  • Ph33rDensetsu
  • 1 Points
  • 00:27:15, 4 January

>being rendered as nothing more than a smashing ass.

I disagree.

There's some sideboob there as well.

  • [-]
  • silent_p
  • 5 Points
  • 21:58:06, 3 January

I'm gonna google that. How do you spell it? "Male gays"?

  • [-]
  • trua
  • 3 Points
  • 21:43:53, 3 January

For a second I thought I was in /r/GeekFeminists and now I'm a little confused.

  • [-]
  • prince_of_tacoma
  • 1 Points
  • 01:16:11, 4 January

That's just one of the three parts of Mulvey's male gaze. The other two are director/camera (which at the time of Mulvey's writing was almost always male) to female star and male star staring at/fetishizing various parts of the female star. Also, part of the forced identification is that the audience is assumed to be male. They all combine together to form what we know as the male gaze, ultimately resulting in both the objectification of women and the forced identification you mentioned.

source: read Mulvey's essay on male gaze a month ago. If you want to question me, I have the essay about 10 feet from where I'm sitting. Spent a lot of time in media criticism class talking about Mulvey. She's awfully important in feminist theory.

More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • ChickenMouth
  • 21 Points
  • 18:42:51, 3 January

anyone know who the girl in the second picture is?

  • [-]
  • AATroop
  • 34 Points
  • 20:05:05, 3 January

Some dude.

  • [-]
  • FuzzyLoveRabbit
  • 171 Points
  • 19:46:54, 3 January

ALERT

HUMANS LIKE LOOKING AT HUMANS THEY'RE SEXUALLY ATTRACTED TO

ALERT

MARKETING CAMPAIGNS KNOW THIS

  • [-]
  • Zombifreak
  • 16 Points
  • 23:19:33, 3 January

ALERT

ALL MEN SEXIST

ALERT

ALL MEN SHOULD BE CASTRATED I LOVE FEMINISM AND IM 20

  • [-]
  • drinkthebleach
  • 1 Points
  • 01:22:53, 4 January

Try 15

  • [-]
  • voodoogod
  • -56 Points
  • 21:28:23, 3 January

ALERT

O RLY?

ALERT

WHY DOES THAT MAKE IT OKAY?

Seriously though. The gaming community has a serious problem with the objectification of women (as does most of society). They'll rise up against rape, racism, and hate crimes, but scantily clad women shamelessly being used to sell a product to a male audience? Egad! No way!

I'm not going to spell it out for you because if you care enough about how others are treated, especially women, then you should read this article. I think it does a fairly good job at explaining the pervasiveness of male gaze and misogyny in video games.

  • [-]
  • BoredandIrritable
  • 28 Points
  • 21:37:53, 3 January

This woman is a model, an adult paid to do something she chooses to do. Who the fuck are you to tell someone else what they can and can't do with their body, or tell someone else whether they can or can't enjoy their sexuality? Fuck you, right in your ear.

I can't even BELIEVE that some tool has coined the phrase "the male gaze". Jesus Christ. Women look at men sexually all the time, stop by /r/ladyboners sometime. People enjoy sex, well, most of them anyway. there is nothing inherently wrong with catering to ANY normal, natural desire that humans have.

I love how idiots like you will look for every tiny crack of "issues" when dealing with your own pet peeve, but completely ignore others. What about when a game caters to and or sells violent urges? The urge to fight? Oh Noes, we better coin a few new phrases to sell this! "the male fight instinct" or how about "The Male Hate urge"! Oh, even better! Violence, or competition in it's basest form is just as normal as wanting to look at sexy people. There's nothing wrong with offering people an indulgence in what they enjoy as long as nobody is being hurt (and no, before you start, adults choose to perform, adults choose to consume, there is no fucking victim here)

If you want your sex represented more in video games, then get into designing, creating, producing and selling video games, otherwise for the love of god shut the fuck up.

  • [-]
  • arachnophilia
  • 2 Points
  • 00:57:56, 4 January

> I can't even BELIEVE that some tool has coined the phrase "the male gaze". Jesus Christ. Women look at men sexually all the time, stop by [1] /r/ladyboners sometime. People enjoy sex, well, most of them anyway. there is nothing inherently wrong with catering to ANY normal, natural desire that humans have.

it's sort of like black people making honky jokes, ergo, racism is okay. historically, the objectification of women by men has had much more impact than vice-versa.

frankly, i look forward to a time when we can all get the fuck over ourselves, shut up about this nonsense, and just have any kind of sexuality we feel like.

  • [-]
  • cahpahkah
  • -15 Points
  • 21:52:15, 3 January

>I can't even BELIEVE that some tool has coined the phrase "the male gaze".

It's been an integral part of gender and media studies for over 40 years. You might want to know something about your subject before you start ranting next time. Usually works out better.

More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • darklight12345
  • 12 Points
  • 21:36:08, 3 January

I like how reddit has the double standard of "Okay women, we like boobs, yeah, deal with it" thats almost universally accepted on here, but if your talking about that concept in real life it's fucking wrong and should be detested...

More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • Caziban
  • 7 Points
  • 21:59:44, 3 January

Who the fuck are you to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her body? She's getting paid for this. This is the job SHE chose. You should learn to respect that instead of parading around like a white knight.

  • Marketing campaigns know men like seeing women dressed in a manner that provokes sexual arousal.
  • Marketing campaigns offer jobs to women that will fulfill this goal.
  • Good-looking women take the job and make money.

And you're getting pissed about this? Take your feminist bullshit elsewhere. I don't get why feminists feel the need to speak for all women.

  • [-]
  • concreteteeth
  • 1 Points
  • 01:14:19, 4 January

It's not about telling women what they can do, it's about suggesting to the video game industry that they help stop the cycle of overt sexualization of women. What does a woman in her underwear have to do with this game?

More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • Brentakill
  • 3 Points
  • 21:48:45, 3 January

Let's take a look at some of the male protagonists from some of the recently played games in my Steam library. There's this one, or this one, or what about this one, and how could we forget this one? But you're right, none of those big, tough, muscular men are a stereotype in any way.

Face it, it's not about objectification of women, it's about stereotyping in general, and giving gamers what they want. Most gamers happen to be men, so they sexualize the female characters and make the male characters as ridiculously macho as possible, because they know that's what's going to appeal to their audience the most. Stereotyping and objectification is a two way street, but for some reason every time there's a female character with big breasts everybody is more than ready to get all up in arms over it, and yet they all quietly ignore the masses of stereotypically over-sexualized male characters.

  • [-]
  • xiaorobear
  • 6 Points
  • 22:48:28, 3 January

>over-sexualized male characters.

Giant muscly men might be attractive to some, or even plenty of people, but when it comes down to it, it's a power fantasy, not a sexual fantasy. Marcus Fenix is, as you say, plenty stereotypey, but he's marketed as a power fantasy, not a sexual fantasy.

Speaking in male-audience-overgeneralizations, men imagine being stereotypical comic-book-y men with giant muscles doing whatever they want, but imagine having sex with stereotypical big-breasted comic-book-y women. They're both harmful, but there's a big difference.

If the men were really being over-sexualized, we'd get a lot more of this sort of thing (NSFW, I guess? Devil May Cry, naked guy with pizza strategically covering crotch area). That scene's a sexualized male protagonist, Kratos is not. Also note that he looks more like Taylor Lautner then, say, Arnold Schwarzenegger.

  • [-]
  • Zombifreak
  • -1 Points
  • 23:20:11, 3 January

You are a huge fucking idiot if you believe that men being strong is a power fantasy

  • [-]
  • concreteteeth
  • 2 Points
  • 01:10:19, 4 January

Are you telling me that when you play these games, the male protagonist is giving you a boner? Is that why you are having a hard time not defining them as sex symbols? Or are you suggesting that the characters are made large and muscle bound to attract a female and gay audience?

  • [-]
  • Zombifreak
  • 1 Points
  • 01:13:17, 4 January

I'm not gay or a woman so I am not attracted to men, they are made strong to attract the women and homosexuals just like a sexy woman is made to attract men and gay women

  • [-]
  • concreteteeth
  • 1 Points
  • 01:25:13, 4 January

So, you think that the male protagonists in Gears of War are ripped to garner a female audience. Do you actually think that at some point, a director leaned over an illustrator's shoulder and looking at a rendering of a scrawny man with a chainsaw gun said "Make him bigger and more square jawed, we need to get the gays and the women to play this game too."? Seriously, is this the world you think you live in? You don't disagree with feminist theory, you just don't understand it.

  • [-]
  • xiaorobear
  • -2 Points
  • 23:29:19, 3 January

>You are a huge fucking idiot if you believe that men being strong is a power fantasy

^(I'm upvoting this because I'm assuming it's just good satire (well done!) ^), ^but ^on ^the ^minute ^off-chance ^that ^you're ^saying ^this ^in ^all ^seriousness, ^please ^let ^me ^know, ^because ^I ^would ^find ^it ^hilarious.)

  • [-]
  • Zombifreak
  • -2 Points
  • 23:31:02, 3 January

Ok, go have a laugh with your 20 year old feminist circle of friends about how stupid everyone is

  • [-]
  • xiaorobear
  • -1 Points
  • 23:32:02, 3 January

Will do!

  • [-]
  • Zombifreak
  • 0 Points
  • 23:35:41, 3 January

Kotaku is that way >

More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • voodoogod
  • -2 Points
  • 21:58:18, 3 January

You know what, you're right. I apologize for not mentioning that. It is a two way street. Men can feel the effects of misogyny almost as much as women can be it the pressure to be "macho" and not partake in traditionally "girly" things or the fact that they are held up to such a high standard to be "manly". I do think the difference here though is that men in society generally hold the power, so when they're depicted as such the whilst the women are just sexual sidekicks to them then that's not seen as a bad thing. Also, in all but one of those examples you posted the men were clothes ie. not seen as a sexual object. I don't know, how would you interpret them as being sexualized?

  • [-]
  • Brentakill
  • 2 Points
  • 22:59:18, 3 January

First off I'm sorry if my initial response was a bit harsh. I'm a game design student who has this stuffed drilled into me by professors all the time, so I'm a bit quick to snap over it.

Getting on topic, I'd argue that even if the men are largely clothed, they still fit into the stereotype of the sexually attractive man. All of them have borderline unrealistic muscle tone. None of them are particularly large, aside from the Gunzerker, and even he's large in the "NFL player that's gonna beat the shit out of you" way rather than the "overweight middle aged man" way. Three out of the four sport manly facial hair, and in all of those cases they're depicted with weapons (in Adam Jensen's case, he's half robot and his body IS a weapon). In pretty much all of these cases, the men are carefully designed to be as macho as possible, and fill that role of the tough, manly, gritty badass that society says women should find attractive. Even if taking out guards or blowing bandit's heads off isn't an inherently sexual act, it makes these men appear tougher and stronger, which in turn helps them show off their raw male power and sex appeal.

More Comments - Not Stored
More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • laikasghost
  • -1 Points
  • 22:10:48, 3 January

You know, you act like the advertisers force these women to do this. Like they are locked up in some cage and we only let them or feed them if they pose for pictures in their underwear. You need to calm the fuck down.

More Comments - Not Stored
More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • lepoulet
  • -57 Points
  • 20:56:31, 3 January

ALERT

You missed the point; the point is that ads like this have the following subtext: You're a girl? Perhaps a gay guy? You want to know if maybe you'd like this game? FUCK YOU, GIRLS AND GAYS DON'T LIKE GAMES, WE WILL PUT TITS EVERYWHERE UNTIL THE END OF TIME BECAUSE GAMERS LOVE CONTEXT-FREE TITS AND NOTHING ELSE.

Edit: Ahem. From the title, I assumed that the discussion was not about a. the hotness of the model. b. figuring out the name of the model and where to get more pictures of her c. the quality or funniness of the ad (I think it's reasonably amusing and well-designed, by the way). I assumed to my discredit that we were talking about the damn male gaze issue.

The very fact that the phrase "the male gaze issue" exists is because there is an ever-growing population of people who see ads like that and go, "Well if you're going to assume that I'm horny, straight and male, I guess I don't want to find out more about your game."

Sure, as a game marketer you're free to decide your target audience and there's no rule that says you have to appeal to everyone. But audiences are changing and I firmly believe that the advertisers who come up with something more clever than boobs to sell games will do better in the end.

More than that, I believe that we should keep talking about this. Advertisers, I exist and I would appreciate if you sold to me and not my imaginary horny 13-year-old brother. To the downvote brigade who told me to go back to SRS: I'm glad the pretty lady made your penis happy, I really am. I'm not trying to take away sex in advertising, I'm pointing out that every time I see an ad like this it makes me feel like I'm being actively told to fuck off and stop being interested in the game. And when I point that out, you actively tell me to shut up and fuck off. What the hell are you so afraid of?

  • [-]
  • UnderTheMud
  • 9 Points
  • 00:08:47, 4 January

Magazine ads are quite often catered to that specific magazine's demographic. If you are upset over this, you'd probably be upset with 75% of the other ads in that magazine.

If you really think this publisher is trying to say...

> FUCK YOU, GIRLS AND GAYS DON'T LIKE GAMES, WE WILL PUT TITS EVERYWHERE UNTIL THE END OF TIME BECAUSE GAMERS LOVE CONTEXT-FREE TITS AND NOTHING ELSE.

...then I hope you don't have a DS. Because then FUCK YOU, YOU AND YOUR DEMOGRAPHIC DON'T LIKE THE DS, WE WILL PUT OLD MENOPAUSAL WOMEN EVERYWHERE UNTIL THE END OF TIME BECAUSE GAMERS LOVE CONTEXT-FREE DOCTOR'S VISITS AND NOTHING ELSE.

I hope you see why you sound like an ass now.

  • [-]
  • taranaki
  • 2 Points
  • 00:09:02, 4 January

Yes lots of girls like games, and yes many even like shooting games. But the fact is MORE guys like games than girls in the general culture. Heck in general women still look upon men who play games past 20 as immature basement dwelling man-boys. Marketing departments dont exist to fix sexism, they exist to sell video games by appealing to the widest margin of likely customers. I can GUARANTEE that if the number of women playing zombie games equaled or exceeded men, marketing would change as a result. But the facts of the present dont support that

If you were go to a large state college campus and poll men vs women as to their playing of violent video games on a weekly basis, I will bet my meager life savings there will be a lopsided result

  • [-]
  • comradesean
  • 13 Points
  • 21:13:39, 3 January

What's the law that says when you create something you must make it for everyone?

  • [-]
  • mitt-romney
  • 6 Points
  • 21:22:57, 3 January

Architects have to. That's all I've got.

  • [-]
  • Godd2
  • 3 Points
  • 23:28:58, 3 January

I'd like to see the Amish-friendly buildings in New York then.

  • [-]
  • Delror
  • 0 Points
  • 00:36:33, 4 January

Thanks, Mittens!

  • [-]
  • ddplz
  • 14 Points
  • 21:04:10, 3 January

Shut the fuck up already

  • [-]
  • gman94
  • 10 Points
  • 21:20:28, 3 January

You must hail from SRS

  • [-]
  • Gyissan
  • 7 Points
  • 22:28:39, 3 January

AKA steaming worthless pile of shit.

  • [-]
  • Nyariko
  • -1 Points
  • 21:28:38, 3 January

"Being sensitive to the perspectives of others? Downvotes, ahoy!!!"

You suck, Reddit.

More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • casual_misandrist
  • -4 Points
  • 21:30:36, 3 January

Sorry about the downvotes, chum. /r/gaming don't like being told that their favourite art form is sexist as fuck.

More Comments - Not Stored
More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • ltveniece
  • 6 Points
  • 20:54:04, 3 January

I'd still do it

  • [-]
  • oBradleyo
  • 24 Points
  • 18:43:58, 3 January

I'd take the risk of still doing her.

  • [-]
  • MisterSaltine
  • 16 Points
  • 18:58:05, 3 January

Well necrophilia is legal in majority of the U.S...

  • [-]
  • joemangle
  • 9 Points
  • 19:46:11, 3 January

There are serious risks to consider here other than the legal risks

  • [-]
  • Smartio
  • 18 Points
  • 20:01:33, 3 January

Zomgina. That is all.

  • [-]
  • MisterSaltine
  • 3 Points
  • 20:22:12, 3 January

Eeeeeehhhhh I mean if your not into the whole "biting" thing yes but...

  • [-]
  • HedonismandTea
  • 1 Points
  • 21:38:56, 3 January

It isn't necrophilia if she's trying to eat your brains.

  • [-]
  • Okashu
  • 2 Points
  • 19:36:14, 3 January

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=661dbFQYbgU#t=125s

  • [-]
  • tonitoni919
  • 6 Points
  • 21:15:08, 3 January

oh damn this reminds me of those mid 90's video game ads in magazines. nintendo getting back to its roots.

  • [-]
  • learntofart
  • 15 Points
  • 21:27:58, 3 January

http://i.imgur.com/ae52t.gif

Video: http://youtu.be/cEGW-vXXDxA

  • [-]
  • Mcelite
  • 13 Points
  • 21:56:48, 3 January

Now just imagine if the genders were reversed. Ah fuck it I enjoyed it.

  • [-]
  • APiousCultist
  • 1 Points
  • 01:05:15, 4 January

To be honest I thought it had creepy undertones anyway.

More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • Fakyall
  • 6 Points
  • 21:53:35, 3 January

What. The. Fuck.

...is my childhood fantasy doing on youtube.

  • [-]
  • LightningStriker
  • 5 Points
  • 21:51:05, 3 January

Thats, thats simon from Errie Indiana, woah

  • [-]
  • arachnophilia
  • 1 Points
  • 01:01:46, 4 January

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIfOjkB17BA

  • [-]
  • PCnerd73
  • 4 Points
  • 21:51:03, 3 January

I'd still hit it.

  • [-]
  • Spacedoubt
  • 4 Points
  • 22:18:56, 3 January

How bad is it that i'm still mildly turned on by the zombie chick?

  • [-]
  • vessol
  • 3 Points
  • 22:38:02, 3 January

Her boobs are really out of proportion..

  • [-]
  • zacch2k10
  • 3 Points
  • 23:43:53, 3 January

If still warm, 7/10 would still bang.

  • [-]
  • cardinalwolsey
  • 3 Points
  • 18:54:48, 3 January

If males didn't like this they wouldn't use it. No matter how angry it pretends to make you...

I hate that all these people are so against using women in video games like this but browse gonewild and you porn at the same time. Pretending to care isn't going to get you any girls.

  • [-]
  • DTM_29
  • 1 Points
  • 19:38:03, 3 January

Let's pretend that's even true for a minute. You don't think that maybe people don't want sex with everything? The ad does nothing to show the game and only exists cause they figured sex sells which is not something we as gamers should allow. Sex controls so many media forms that it would be nice if we can stay away from it.

  • [-]
  • Theshag0
  • 11 Points
  • 20:03:04, 3 January

People kind of do like sex with everything, case in point: Brawny

  • [-]
  • buttking
  • -4 Points
  • 22:04:06, 3 January

Nope, only men objectify women. Nice try, rational person.

  • [-]
  • pendejadas
  • -4 Points
  • 21:23:19, 3 January

Why would anyone care if some people don't like sex dominating the media? Let them cater to the minority, see if they survive. It sounds like an excellent business strategy.

  • [-]
  • DTM_29
  • 5 Points
  • 21:28:04, 3 January

Is the majority of people only sex crazed males now? There's other ways to advertise besides sex especially for a game that has nothing to do with it.

More Comments - Not Stored
More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • TheLamentingNerd
  • 4 Points
  • 19:12:45, 3 January

Quite a generalization there.

  • [-]
  • learntofart
  • -5 Points
  • 19:54:37, 3 January

Just males? Who exactly is this comment directed to? And are we to judge from it that we in fact shouldn't care? Because that's easily misconstrued as such.

  • [-]
  • dr_dickhead
  • -1 Points
  • 20:25:45, 3 January

Why do you care about one ad like this. I don't want to get into a debate but in dumbfounded that it bothered you this much.

  • [-]
  • Flapjack_
  • 3 Points
  • 20:09:21, 3 January

I chuckled

It's a pretty silly joke but it got me

  • [-]
  • IHateHumans
  • 4 Points
  • 17:55:33, 3 January

10/10 Would do.

  • [-]
  • MisterSaltine
  • 8 Points
  • 18:58:30, 3 January

As long as the meat is still warm....

  • [-]
  • joemangle
  • 4 Points
  • 19:47:08, 3 January

This is what I want on my gravestone

  • [-]
  • apullin
  • 3 Points
  • 20:41:00, 3 January

How to sell anything: put a picture of a girl on it.

  • [-]
  • Nightfalls
  • 1 Points
  • 22:42:23, 3 January

Clearly a movie about the struggles of the average man. No sexualization there. This one's going off the merits of the film's plot, direction, brilliant settings, and tremendous acting abilities of the cast. Y'know, because there's no way to sell anything without a girl on there, so this movie is really hoping you'll just hear how awesome it was from friends.

This costume was clearly designed only to show off the incredible power of the main character. Obviously there's no need for objectifying a woman because, hey, it's Superman, the most well-known super-hero ever!

By God, you're right. Just look at that half naked woman, front and center. And see, she has to be protected from them aliens by the big strong men! PATRIARCHY!

  • [-]
  • bvilleneuve
  • 5 Points
  • 23:11:52, 3 January

I'm not sure of what you think you're doing here.

  • [-]
  • arachnophilia
  • 1 Points
  • 01:04:14, 4 January

i'm amused that you showed the new superman. because this one they had to digitally alter. apparently his "incredible power" was a little too intimidating for audiences.

  • [-]
  • Nightfalls
  • 1 Points
  • 01:06:52, 4 January

One unstuffed his package while the new one stuffed it. Meh, I guess that's a bit of a wash.

More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • Ossidi
  • 2 Points
  • 20:00:55, 3 January

Travian ad satire are the best type of adverts, hands down.

Or hands in other places, depending on your point of view...

  • [-]
  • GiovanniTunk
  • 2 Points
  • 20:54:45, 3 January

I got out my pitchfork, then I saw OP's username, chuckled and now I'm just going to leave.

  • [-]
  • meatwad1987
  • 1 Points
  • 23:16:02, 3 January

would still bang

  • [-]
  • Mr_Joe
  • 1 Points
  • 23:17:02, 3 January

And how many sexy cosplay pictures on are on the frontpage of r/gaming?

  • [-]
  • tonywartooth
  • 1 Points
  • 23:25:15, 3 January

Great callback to early 90s advertising, nintendo. It certainly wasn't cringeworthy and awful enough the first time.

  • [-]
  • Zombifreak
  • 2 Points
  • 23:27:40, 3 January

You all sound like a bunch of 20 year old college graduates who got a degree in gender studies and are mad that you can't become the CEO of a company because you think that all degrees are the same.

  • [-]
  • Seref15
  • 1 Points
  • 23:33:45, 3 January

Attractive women in video games is no different than in every other form of media. You think movie stars, tv stars, news anchors, anything is representative of the average human? Of course not, sexiness is always a factor in visual mediums.

  • [-]
  • painfullyalone
  • 1 Points
  • 23:54:07, 3 January

doesn't matter, had necks.

  • [-]
  • robhol
  • 1 Points
  • 23:58:08, 3 January

Sigh, another one of these?

  • [-]
  • colten_lambo
  • 2 Points
  • 23:59:14, 3 January

I'd Still Smash...

  • [-]
  • MilitaryBees
  • 1 Points
  • 00:43:59, 4 January

Zombie tits. Yeah, because this is what gaming marketing needed.

  • [-]
  • throwaway23198323131
  • 1 Points
  • 00:44:30, 4 January

ITT: men admitting they are to weak to control themselves

  • [-]
  • _Therecanonlybeone
  • 1 Points
  • 00:56:49, 4 January

Is it bad if we're not sure which one is hotter?

  • [-]
  • Good_Guy_Graig
  • 1 Points
  • 00:58:18, 4 January

I'd hit that. With my penis.

  • [-]
  • Pecanpig
  • 3 Points
  • 16:15:09, 3 January

What male gaze issue?...

  • [-]
  • learntofart
  • 13 Points
  • 16:32:28, 3 January

I honestly don't know.

  • [-]
  • Pecanpig
  • 30 Points
  • 16:54:20, 3 January

Still not seeing an "issue" here...

  • [-]
  • khrxs
  • 15 Points
  • 17:54:46, 3 January

No issues here.

  • [-]
  • wra1th42
  • 8 Points
  • 21:35:28, 3 January

Bayonetta does it as a joke

  • [-]
  • KaziArmada
  • 9 Points
  • 19:29:34, 3 January

Yes, let's use Bayonetta as an example, it's TOTALLY not biased....

  • [-]
  • Daakuryu
  • 6 Points
  • 20:19:34, 3 January

pretty sure that was the point of the joke

  • [-]
  • G_Morgan
  • 4 Points
  • 21:37:46, 3 January

There was blatantly a good lore reason why Bayonetta was nude all the time. Her magic was in her clothes! She had to get naked to save the world! This makes perfect sense!

  • [-]
  • learntofart
  • 1 Points
  • 21:48:17, 3 January

Also, Orchid had the longest combo in Killer Instinct. She also turned into a jaguar made of fire. Therefore, it's only logical that she has to open her top at the end to blow off some steam. Naturally, this steam condenses back into Fulgore's system, causing the exposed parts from the fight to become drenched and short-circuiting the system to death.

  • [-]
  • Zombifreak
  • 1 Points
  • 23:22:54, 3 January

Actually Bayonetta was created by a woman and women can't be sexist so your argument is invalid.

  • [-]
  • arachnophilia
  • 1 Points
  • 01:07:56, 4 January

i'm reasonably certain that bayonetta was intended as satire of just that issue. they intentionally made a ridiculous, over-the-top, highly sexualized game, with a fuck-bunny protagonist, and even simplified the game down to "seriously, just push a button." it's making fun of the creepy japanese boob-simulators and whatnot.

i'm also reasonably certain that this satire went over the heads of adolescent boys and feminists alike. i guess the danger of making fun of something too well is being mistaken for being serious. poe's law and all that.

More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • Links_to_Wild_Hogs
  • -3 Points
  • 19:53:32, 3 January

it's a joke, get over it

More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • learntofart
  • -10 Points
  • 17:54:46, 3 January

Also, this NSFW has boobs for once.

  • [-]
  • Smartio
  • 4 Points
  • 20:03:14, 3 January

Zomboobs. And dammit I thought women were scary enough.

  • [-]
  • EasyTiger20
  • -8 Points
  • 21:33:38, 3 January

Feminists heres a guide to increasing your quality of life.

Step 1: Locate Anus.

Step 2: Remove stick from anus.

  • [-]
  • Vessix
  • 8 Points
  • 21:54:51, 3 January

Many redditors don't quite understand the definition of feminism (including most of the self-proclaimed "feminists" on the site). You are one of those redditors.

  • [-]
  • EasyTiger20
  • 0 Points
  • 22:29:03, 3 January

The people who get worked up over this type of inconsequential shit? Its equally dumb as the guys who get worked up over the doofus dad competent mom stereotype in tons of sitcoms and advertising and etc.

  • [-]
  • JeffVanGundy
  • 1 Points
  • 00:19:34, 4 January

Feminism, like many of the other -isms, is a vague term with a great many definitions. The asshat brigade unfortunately has just as much of a claim to the name as the many sensible folks who call themselves the same.

  • [-]
  • Zombifreak
  • 0 Points
  • 00:47:53, 4 January

Feminism is what you go to when you are too ugly to get a man and you have to complain to your girlfriends how much men are pigs.

  • [-]
  • SenatorIvy
  • -2 Points
  • 20:54:44, 3 January

Until it's cheaper/more profitable to cater to women, they will not be catered to, I'm sorry.

The high cost of "having taste"/"standards"/etc is that you cost more to pander to. Society is Golden Corral, ladies. If you need pheasant under glass you're going to go hungry. :/

  • [-]
  • Nightfalls
  • 1 Points
  • 22:46:44, 3 January

I wish we had a Golden Corral around here. I've never been to one, and the ads make it look like they've got some pretty awesome choices. Best we have is Hometown Buffet, and they've gone way downhill since I was a kid.

There's also no CiCi's pizza here. We've got Round Table, but their buffet is super-short and expensive.

It's over an hour's drive to Sonic's, too. Dammit, now I'm hungry.

  • [-]
  • SenatorIvy
  • 2 Points
  • 23:06:24, 3 January

Sonic: where everything tastes like french toast sticks.

More Comments - Not Stored