Who Is This Fagget Destiny Keeps Letting On Stream (self.Destiny)

Destiny

68 ups - 19 downs = 49 votes

Seriously? Why is Destiny letting this guy on here? Are you getting paid because God I hope so.

For those that don't know "what guy" we're talking about, he's self proclaimed feminist equality warrior that actually believes the things his Freshman in college philosophy courses we all took taught.

"If you find any humor in racial jokes, you buy into them and are part of the patriarchal oppressing society present today."

He actually literally believes this stuff. Again my question here is to Destiny: why are you allowing this on stream? You look bothered and mad most of the time he is talking and you let him go for hours at a time. Do you actually like the arguments? Are you getting some type of benefit from this? I want to understand.

80 comments submitted at 22:53:28 on Jan 13, 2013 by pilla99

  • [-]
  • DaleyT
  • 37 Points
  • 23:15:24, 13 January

I hope he realises it costs him viewers. This guy is a utter mongoloid, Im not listening to this shit.

  • [-]
  • Irishladdie
  • -34 Points
  • 00:11:45, 14 January

Actually, viewer count has only ever gone up when I'm on.

Waaah.

  • [-]
  • HighDagger
  • 18 Points
  • 00:13:31, 14 January

It also went up by 700-800 after you left.

  • [-]
  • pilla99
  • 5 Points
  • 00:57:40, 14 January

While I do not agree with you on practically anything, I do agree that watching the viewer count showed a rise in viewership as time went on. This could be a combination of viewers tuning in on their own accord or perhaps a combination of you and that fact. Contention creates spectators. I just can't imagine Destiny wanting a few hundred extra views so badly that he lets you talk for an hour. So I can only summarize he actually likes arguing.

  • [-]
  • bolzanoweierstrass
  • 1 Points
  • 01:26:46, 14 January

Except that Destiny isn't really spending much of the time arguing. He's dividing his attention between the game and the discussion, so the talking ends up being 90% preaching from Irishladdie and then 10% actual back-and-forth discussion.

  • [-]
  • Irishladdie
  • -15 Points
  • 04:57:51, 14 January

Eh, it doesn't really matter to me. Frankly, the idea that some people are so offended by such a benevolent ideology is a little bit amusing. They're talking about how I am the 'only' thing that could possibly make them exit Destiny's stream as if Destiny planned his arguments around the whims of his entitled shithead fans.

Same as the people who whined and whiiined about Steven playing LoL instead of SC2

  • [-]
  • HighDagger
  • 4 Points
  • 13:29:26, 14 January

>such a benevolent ideology

Yep, clearly trolling.

  • [-]
  • oGsNiggerAnnihilator
  • 4 Points
  • 00:14:56, 15 January

Well actually his entitled shit head fans are the only thing stopping Destiny from working some shit min wage job so yea I def think he cares.

  • [-]
  • Irishladdie
  • -3 Points
  • 00:42:20, 15 January

>oGsNiggerAnnihilator

Steven's chat delenda est

  • [-]
  • Qk_Gee
  • 1 Points
  • 08:25:14, 14 January

It seems like its less them being offended by the ideology and more the delivery. I'll be honest, I've grown to like having you on stream and I've learned quite a bit, but I really didn't like you at first. I'm not one hundred percent sure why, the closest thing I've come to is that your utter conviction that you are correct is pretty off-putting.

  • [-]
  • Irishladdie
  • -3 Points
  • 08:33:30, 14 January

>I'll be honest, I've grown to like having you on stream and I've learned quite a bit, but I really didn't like you at first.

c':

>I'm not one hundred percent sure why, the closest thing I've come to is that your utter conviction that you are correct is pretty off-putting.

That's probably it. Of course, If I tried to argue with Steven with any less conviction, I'd be eaten alive, both by him and his chat.

  • [-]
  • atheist_at_arms
  • 1 Points
  • 10:13:04, 15 January

But that conviction is wrong in an argument. You said yourself you aren't arguing from the top of a marble pillar, but you are. You label everything you say as correct, good, and everything others think or say as evil, bad. The best part is that you don't even know why they think like that. It's obvious people will get offend if you differectly offend them like that. If you just stopped putting the subjecive terms so much, and actually listening to Destiny opinion (for example, the racism thing, his opinion makes a LOT more sense than yours. It's not racism that lets people starve to death. If you take racism out of our society, money won't magically appear. Even in a world were racism never exist a economic minority may starve.) and thought about for a little instead of instantaneously rebutting it with half-assed arguemnts people would accept you a lot more becaue 1) you are respecting them 2) you aren't being a "I am justice" type of guy.

  • [-]
  • Irishladdie
  • -6 Points
  • 17:24:33, 15 January

>It's not racism that lets people starve to death. If you take racism out of our society, money won't magically appear.

No, Destiny's argument doesn't make sense, and it never made sense. It would be instantly shot down by any accredited sociologist - you know, the people who actually study this shit.

Destiny said several times in his arguments that he was under the impression that some of 'our' opinions (ratified as they are by the professionals and scholars who study the subject) are simply 'detached from real life'. For all his claims to intellectual integrity, Steven dismissed an entire academic field because he felt his home-spun theory just 'made more sense'.

I'm not going to run off badmouthing him behind his back, and I'm not going to argue with you, about what I said to him. Simplest way I can put it is, the issues that have caused our socioeconomic divides are extremely complicated, and racially inclined. Would eliminating racism make money magically appear and cure starvation? No, of course it fucking won't. I never said it would. I never even remotely implied that it would.

Now it is absolutely, one hundred and ten percent impossible to propose the solution to a complex socioeconomic problem without first fully understanding the issue. That's the nature of socioeconomics. It's a complicated field. And those who study that field have every reason to believe that the elimination of racial divides in society would go a LONG way towards healing socioeconomic divides.

This isn't a hotly debated subject. In the realm of socioeconomics, this is considered fact. Seriously. I find it disgusting that Feminism is so often accused of being anti-intellectual and illogical, when we actually base our arguments off of ratified sources from professionals, and our opponents try to use a 'common sense' argument.

When Steven said that the verifiable truths of the socioeconomic field simply 'weren't connected to reality' and that his just made more sense, I was instantly reminded of that fundamentalist Christian who went on television and purported evolution to be false, because bananas fit easily in the palm of a human hand. It wasn't quite that stupid, but it was up there.

In short, check your privilege.

  • [-]
  • atheist_at_arms
  • 3 Points
  • 18:16:55, 15 January

I, too, went to the end of the argument, crazy feminists normally show their hands there.

>In short, check your privilege.

But, as I actually understand how an argument is made, i will properly answear you post.

>No, Destiny's argument doesn't make sense, and it never made sense. It would be instantly shot down by any accredited sociologist - you know, the people who actually study this shit.

You are only assuming it. Write Destiny's argument down and show it to a proper sociologist. Then, if said sociologist can shoot it down, you can say this, before, you are only making a hugeass assumption.

>Destiny said several times in his arguments that he was under the impression that some of 'our' opinions (ratified as they are by the professionals and scholars who study the subject) are simply 'detached from real life'. For all his claims to intellectual integrity, Steven dismissed an entire academic field because he felt his home-spun theory just 'made more sense'.

Destiny stated in the beginning that he had never read anything on feminist but SRS. He wasn't talking about studies or sociology papers, he was talking about SRS. How could he talk about something he never read or knew existed? He never actually acknowledged said academic field to dismiss it. To add to that, given you had all this academic field supporting you, all you gave us was your word, word that doesn't seem real give our personal experiences. Personal experience is anedoctical, but our anedoctical is better than the anedoctical of a random internet person.

>I'm not going to run off badmouthing him behind his back, and I'm not going to argue with you, about what I said to him. Simplest way I can put it is, the issues that have caused our socioeconomic divides are extremely complicated, and racially inclined. Would eliminating racism make money magically appear and cure starvation? No, of course it fucking won't. I never said it would. I never even remotely implied that it would.

I know that what caused the actual state of our world is complicated. Because I know that I know it can't be simply resolved from a socilogial point of view. It deals with psychology, it deals with economics, it deals with biology.

And, because you wanted it to be so or not, when you said Steven was wrong about the socioeconomical centered view he has, you implied racism was what was causing the minority to not have the money necessary for their survival, and that by simply eliminating racism they would have acess to the money. Not giving any explanation to how that process would happen, one can only assume it would magically appear in front of them.

>Now it is absolutely, one hundred and ten percent impossible to propose the solution to a complex socioeconomic problem without first fully understanding the issue. That's the nature of socioeconomics. It's a complicated field. And those who study that field have every reason to believe that the elimination of racial divides in society would go a LONG way towards healing socioeconomic divides.

Thank you for acknowledging that. What I don't understand is how the explanation can be that simple.

And sorry, but people who actually study economics know eliminating racism won't eliminate the economic problems, and that's why they propose things like taxation on big fortunes. The only solution for the econmic problem is resource redistribution. That's the nature of Economics, race or sex doesn't matter, it only matter how much money you have to begin with and how many opportunities to make money you have.

> This isn't a hotly debated subject. In the realm of socioeconomics, this is considered fact. Seriously. I find it disgusting that Feminism is so often accused of being anti-intellectual and illogical, when we actually base our arguments off of ratified sources from professionals, and our opponents try to use a 'common sense' argument.

Actually, it is only considered fact in the real of sociology. Economics will probably dismiss you. I don't personally think feminism is anti-intellecual or illogical, only that it gives too much credit to one aspect of the problem (the social one) and dismiss psychology, biology or actual economics. It happens in every field. And, to clarify, by "professionals" you mean historians or sociologists. Well, biology, psychology or economics are separated entities. Focusing too much on one topic has it's flaws.

>When Steven said that the verifiable truths of the socioeconomic field simply 'weren't connected to reality' and that his just made more sense, I was instantly reminded of that fundamentalist Christian who went on television and purported evolution to be false, because bananas fit easily in the palm of a human hand. It wasn't quite that stupid, but it was up there.

No, Steven said that your answears to today's problems wre disconnected from reality. As I said, you don't take into account actual economics when dealing with a problem that is mostly economical. If you want a funny, derogatory answear, saying that solving racism and sexism will solve all of society's problems is almost the same as saying you can reverse cause-consequence because you want it to be like that.

As a complement to the entire answer, stop focusing on Sociology and study actual Biology, Psychology and Economics. What caused our society to be this fucked up is so simple that can be completely condensed into one field of knowledge.

  • [-]
  • Irishladdie
  • -9 Points
  • 19:17:04, 15 January

>As a complement to the entire answer, stop focusing on Sociology and study actual Biology, Psychology and Economics.

I skipped to the end to find this. el oh el

Discounting a field dedicated to the subject we're talking about.

>What caused our society to be this fucked up is so simple that can be completely condensed into one field of knowledge.

Yeah lol no. Typical of anti-intellectual opponents of Feminism, dismissing entire fields of study because they're contrary to the conclusion you've already made.

There's literally no way I can argue with a person who is capable of acting that arrogantly. If you want to talk anyway, PM me and I'll give you my Skype.

More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • gao_gao
  • 2 Points
  • 18:27:20, 15 January

hahaha, man. you keep talking as if you are part of the intellectual "movement". i would love to hear the conversation with any professor of the subject.

professor: "so please, tell me about your activities".

irishfaggot: "well, i'm most known for going on a gaming stream that is known to be offensive, and there i try to argue various points about feminism. needless to say, i wasn't very well received."

professor: "..."

check who you actually are: some sophomoric dork who is literally pissing into the wind. your arguments aren't new. destiny's chat is toxic by design. most of the people, in the real world, agree with the basic premise of feminism. most simply disagree with you because you are a dumb faggot. does this make any sense? please kill yourself.

  • [-]
  • Irishladdie
  • -7 Points
  • 19:27:12, 15 January

>please kill yourself.

I know your senses of morality and ethics have been corrupted by pervasive Patriarchal influences, but nobody outside of the disgusting, troll-infested dredges of the internet is going to think of you as anything more than a petulant child if you can't make a single argument without resorting to slurs and insults. I know you think otherwise, but there's no pride in embracing depravity and immorality.

More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • Qk_Gee
  • -2 Points
  • 08:41:55, 14 January

<3 I actually re-subscribed to SRS after you were on stream the second time. The circlejerk aspect still kind of pisses me off and I don't agree with a lot that's said, although that might be the circlejerk coming out. That being said, I think a lot of what you've said on stream is relatively informative.

  • [-]
  • Irishladdie
  • -4 Points
  • 08:47:07, 14 January

>The circlejerk aspect still kind of pisses me off and I don't agree with a lot that's said

Don't worry, I feel the same way. I'll defend them, but I don't think they're a very good representative of Feminist ideology.

In fact, I got yelled at by Archangellegabrielle today. :/

>That being said, I think a lot of what you've said on stream is relatively informative.

;u;

  • [-]
  • Qk_Gee
  • 2 Points
  • 08:50:18, 14 January

O.o yelled at for what? Content of your arguments, misrepresentation, or just the fact that you're arguing in front of 4,000 people and speaking for an entire movement?

  • [-]
  • Irishladdie
  • 1 Points
  • 08:57:07, 14 January

Pretty much all of that. Ah well. No better way to learn, eh?

Of course, I do not mindlessly follow the latest SRS trends to decide what I believe in - I do disagree with several positions that they take.

More Comments - Not Stored
  • [-]
  • Shake8
  • 3 Points
  • 08:55:59, 14 January

It's because people love listening to your shit. There's actually whole subreddits dedicated to making fun of people like you.

  • [-]
  • Irishladdie
  • -10 Points
  • 09:08:20, 14 January

And? SRS is a subreddit dedicated to making fun of people who make fun of people like me.

  • [-]
  • Shake8
  • 5 Points
  • 09:11:26, 14 January

No mate you go there to get upset about things those people say.

  • [-]
  • Irishladdie
  • -9 Points
  • 20:29:52, 14 January

I'm cool as a cucumber, yo.

  • [-]
  • DaleyT
  • 2 Points
  • 18:25:34, 14 January

obviously going to go up in prime time.