You can complete "No Stone Unturned" without finding all of the Stones of Barenziah. (self.skyrim)
398 ups - 41 downs = 357 votes
This works on XBOX. I haven't tested it on PS3 or PC, but it should still work.
You will need:
- Whirlwind Sprint Shout
- 2 Platters (Wooden Bowls or Plates should work as well)
- The ability to fight your way through many Falmer/Chaurus
- Go to Tovald's Cave.
- Fight your way through the cave, all the way to Tovald's Crossing.
- Fight your way through Tovald's Crossing until you reach a divided path.
- If you take the path to the right, you should come to a dead-end and find a skeleton on the ground, a Tattered Journal, and a staff. The dead end will look like a collapsed hallway.
- Pull out one of your Platters and press it against the rubble blockage at the end of the hallway. (It has to be touching the wall for this to work.)
- Whirlwind Sprint through the Platter. This may take a few attempts.
- If done properly, you should have passed through the wall and made it into a rather large room, with rubble, skeletons, and chaurus corpses scattered around.
- At the far end of this room, you should find The Crown of Barenziah.
- After taking the crown, a few spectral elf warriors will appear and initiate combat, defeat them.
- Return to the wall you entered in. If yo look to the right of this wall, there should be a flatish brown cave-wall. Pull out the other Platter, press it against the wall, and Whirlwind Sprint through it.
- If done properly, you should fall through the level and will appear back at the entrance to Tovald's Crossing.
- Finish fighting your way through the cave and return to Vex to claim your reward!
- Happy Hunting!
119 comments submitted at 13:48:07 on Jan 17, 2013 by EvengerX