Feminists already scared of the mere concept of "sex robots" (bbc.co.uk)

TheRedPill

85 ups - 20 downs = 65 votes

47 comments submitted at 20:17:26 on Jan 12, 2014 by Clauderoughly

  • [-]
  • JoJackthewonderskunk
  • 36 Points
  • 21:37:28, 12 January

If your job was being outsourced you'd be pissed too!

  • [-]
  • TranceAroundTheWorld
  • 6 Points
  • 00:53:47, 13 January

More like your bargaining chip being mass-produced

  • [-]
  • Archwinger
  • 78 Points
  • 20:48:57, 12 January

It's a hilarious contradiction. Women are powerful, liberated, hear them roar, they don't need men, and they hate going out and having creeps hit on them, since that's rape and rape sucks.

It seems like an ideal situation. Let creepy men fuck robots. Nobody's being harassed or exploited, then. Women are free from these creepy men, the men pay for a robot and get exactly what they paid for, and the robot's just a programmed machine. Nobody's exploited, everybody's happy, right?

WRONG! Feminists don't just want creepy men to stop hitting on them. They want creepy men to be losers, feel the sting of society's ostracization, and know how terribly unloved they are. They want men to know and feel like losers, until they finally marry a cat lady with kids because she's the best a loser can ever do. Artificial companionship would ruin everything!

  • [-]
  • OmiFlow
  • 55 Points
  • 21:27:12, 12 January

>They want creepy men to be losers, feel the sting of society's ostracization, and know how terribly unloved they are.

Na, this is a side effect.

What they want is a society where romantic relationships are still pick and choose for them. They don't want men to have any other outlets. It's all self interest, not deliberately trying to hurt men, they just don't care.

If they were honest they wouldn't care, because like you said, no more 'creepy' guys hitting on them.

It's the same thing with stuff like TRP or PUA. Apparently these guys are all idiots who just make asses out of themselves and never get laid. So why be mad? Wouldn't they just ignore them and be better off?

They're mad because they realize that these men are changing the balance and won't be lining up to date them. They realize the shit works and men are taking care of themselves again. They know if it catches on then they wont be able to pick and choose, they'll have to work.

  • [-]
  • emptyform
  • 40 Points
  • 20:52:32, 12 January

Don't forget the holy vibrator, the female's sex robot.

  • [-]
  • _Xi_
  • 39 Points
  • 21:18:00, 12 January

Which when women use, it empowers them. A guy uses a sex toy or hell, even masturbates and suddenly he's a creep/fedora/neckbeard/loser.

Dat ~~double standard~~ equality.

  • [-]
  • monsieurhire2
  • 7 Points
  • 23:51:21, 12 January

Ha! Good one. I actually somehow managed to never notice that.

  • [-]
  • TranceAroundTheWorld
  • -1 Points
  • 00:54:48, 13 January

>even masturbates and suddenly he's a creep/fedora/neckbeard/loser

To be fair though, masturbating does turn many men into super betas.

source: First-hand experience

EDIT: Why the downvotes? I though /r/theredpill suppported /r/nofap

  • [-]
  • Larrea_tridentata
  • 1 Points
  • 01:00:45, 13 January

So... everyone then right?

  • [-]
  • mrpoopistan
  • 19 Points
  • 22:08:35, 12 January

> It seems like an ideal situation.

Nope. Remember, the entire economic model of human sex is built on a simple feminine ideal: "Sex with me is a rare and precious thing that men compete to obtain."

It's a bidding model, not unlike eBay. Sure, nobody selling anything on eBay really wants those shitty 99 cent bidders, but you need them to get the process rolling toward a settlement price that you truly want. Shitty bidders who can't win still have value because they begin the process of price settlement.

  • [-]
  • FugitiveAlpha
  • 45 Points
  • 21:14:24, 12 January

A quality femme-bot would utterly decimate women's SMV.. They'd be perfect looks wise (tailored to your very own specific fetish/kinks. They'd be 100% loyal, disease free, drama free, and assuming they could do sex, they'd probably do all the housework too. What would a woman be able to hold over your head, except for birthing a child? Even at that, you could go to a third world country for a surrogate (this is done now) so American women wouldn't even have that.

Women, on the other hand, want an alpha male that leads, makes money, and all this personality stuff. It's much easier to make an ai that worships you than it is to make one that makes good decisions and is a good leader (and if you did you'd make a ton of them and make money, hell with selling them). Women would be in SERIOUS trouble.

I'd say that I'd love to be able to see into the future to see how that turns out, but i am fairly certain that the feminists WILL NOT ALLOW THIS. I believe that they WILL find a way to keep this from happening, otherwise their whole way of life woudl be completely changed.

  • [-]
  • lordofsinisterthumps
  • 22 Points
  • 21:48:04, 12 January

They can't stop it from happening.

  • [-]
  • Madjohnny
  • 17 Points
  • 21:58:40, 12 January

THEY ARE NOT GONNA STOP THIS FUCK THEM

  • [-]
  • FugitiveAlpha
  • 11 Points
  • 22:45:27, 12 January

You'd be surprised how many road blocks "they" can put in the way via proxy (their control they have over the billions of beta men).

  • [-]
  • tropicalpolevaulting
  • 7 Points
  • 00:04:02, 13 January

There's a reason Japan's leading the way into sex bots. We have quite a few submissions on /r/TheRedPill about japanese men MGTOWing, and I'm betting their scientists are the forefront to this movement... and they NEED their sex bots ASAP.

  • [-]
  • Clauderoughly
  • 7 Points
  • 00:09:12, 13 January

Feminist are already coming out against the male pill and additional male contraception.

There would be riots in the streets against tech like this.

  • [-]
  • lordofsinisterthumps
  • 3 Points
  • 00:15:49, 13 January

Will be.

  • [-]
  • Spartacus321
  • 1 Points
  • 00:51:27, 13 January

They are? Why do you say that?

  • [-]
  • Clauderoughly
  • 3 Points
  • 00:55:34, 13 January

http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2012/05/14/why-are-feminists-against-the-male-pill/

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2014/01/02/malebirthcontrolpillwillstirupentrenchedgender_roles.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2519331/Critics-male-pill-wrong-It-end-conception-deception-empower-men-ultimate-sexual-revolution-says-Peter-Lloyd.html

  • [-]
  • nicethingyoucanthave
  • 3 Points
  • 23:28:23, 12 January

> A quality femme-bot would utterly decimate women's SMV

I'm not so sure. After all, there are countries where prostitution is very cheap and legal, and men still get married.

  • [-]
  • FugitiveAlpha
  • 3 Points
  • 23:38:09, 12 January

In those countries, do women behave like they do here in a marriage. Furthermore, in those countries, I'm betting that the women don't have nearly the control over their men.

Also, a prostitute is sex here and there. a Femme bot is always there, always "loves you" and keeps house..

  • [-]
  • nicethingyoucanthave
  • 7 Points
  • 00:19:45, 13 January

> a Femme bot is always there, always "loves you" and keeps house..

Keeps house too?? I think you're *way* overestimating the capability of any robot that will be made in the foreseeable future.

It seems to me that if such a thing was on the horizon, I ought to be able to buy a non-humanoid robot that does something useful today. The only domestic robot I know of is the roomba. I had one and it wasn't that great. Had to rope it off to a single room or it'd get completely lost.

You're living in a world where you can't get a robot of any kind that will do your dishes or your laundry or vacuum your entire house - hell, you can't even have your bed made! And you're dreaming of a robot that does all of that and looks like a human. Come on!

Getting back to the issue of sex, we can't even make sex dolls that look real. Our best technology is creepy shit! And you're dreaming of a robot that looks realistic and participates in sexual activity. I don't see it.

Here's what I think is far more likely - VR. I can maybe see something like a fleshlight but with hips that you hold on to. Then you put on an occulus rift and you see a girl. That's within the realm of possibility. Sex robots that also clean your house aren't going to happen anytime soon.

And even if sexbots existed, I think that the majority of men will continue to pursue real women. Personality matters, after all. I think you're right about it changing women's behavior. I certainly think that ubiquitous porn has changed men's behavior.

But I think we may be surprised as to how exactly behaviors change.

  • [-]
  • FugitiveAlpha
  • 1 Points
  • 01:10:10, 13 January

We're talking about quality sex bots, were not talking about teh likelihood of it happening any time soon.

But, your right about it not coming any time soon

  • [-]
  • polysyllabist
  • 0 Points
  • 23:47:18, 12 January

To be fair, sex robots would also destroy male SMV aside from earning potential. Both sexes would have to dig deep introspectively about what skills and social graces they bring to a relationship and consider what they can add to make it stronger than in what they command and are thus entitled to receive.

  • [-]
  • FugitiveAlpha
  • 4 Points
  • 23:55:25, 12 January

They woudl effect our SMV, however, think about the attraction we each have.,

Men: simple AI, worship us, cook clean, sexual, look good

Women: super complex AI, (one that i think you'd keep if oyu made it because it can make money), leadership, strength, status, charisma, humor. MUCH more difficult (if not impossible) to get in a simple sex/cleaning bot

  • [-]
  • alt30313
  • 1 Points
  • 01:04:06, 13 January

Dated a girl with a Sybian. The only reason she dated men was for intimacy. A robot won't love you back, so if you're not comfortable with solitude you may want a partner.

  • [-]
  • mrpoopistan
  • 19 Points
  • 22:03:26, 12 January

> "A black cleaning robot featured on the cover of a US academic journal would cause an uproar," she told the newspaper.

Dear gawd . . . their view of America is so outdated they don't even know how to properly make a racist caricature of an American maid! (Hint: the answer is "Mexican".)

  • [-]
  • insideman83
  • 24 Points
  • 21:10:39, 12 January

Post-wall women are going to lose their escape plan and it's driving them mad.

  • [-]
  • hermit087
  • 14 Points
  • 23:09:39, 12 January

Whats really going to drive them mad is that many of these sex bots are going to look 17 years old. Delusions about what men are truly attracted to will be shattered once and for all.

  • [-]
  • GayLubeOil
  • 12 Points
  • 22:23:18, 12 January

As porn use becomes more mainstream so do sex toys. Think about how scandalous sex toys were back in 90's people were afraid to say the word dildo. Now if you talk to a woman she'll proudly tell you about collection. We are heading in the direction of japan where no one commits to anyone and everyone just masturbates.

  • [-]
  • IllimitableMan
  • 14 Points
  • 20:41:30, 12 January

Don't know why they're scared as most feminist activists are either old, fat, ugly or a culmination of all three. They're basically on a spectrum of "women who men find physically repulsive"

So business as usual, that old cobweb ridden pussy isn't getting any love and tiddles is meowing for his evening snack.

  • [-]
  • SomersetRaglan
  • 7 Points
  • 21:51:38, 12 January

> as most feminist activists are either old, fat, ugly or a culmination of all three.

I know what you're saying..... but isn't this technically the same thing the other side does when they dismiss trp as creeps who can't get laid and just hate women?

  • [-]
  • IllimitableMan
  • 8 Points
  • 22:01:38, 12 January

>but isn't this technically the same thing the other side does when they dismiss trp as creeps who can't get laid and just hate women?

Yeah it's ad hominem when used in an argument. This is not an argument (no debate going on here) and it's not being used in place of addressing an argument (by attacking the arguer) but rather this is a statement based on observation. Obviously there are some young pretty things that get caught up in it but the biggest extremists tend to have deeper issues eg: no beauty privilege whatsoever. A woman without beauty privilege is a very depressed/angry/bitter woman.

  • [-]
  • SomersetRaglan
  • 1 Points
  • 22:03:47, 12 January

Fair enough.

  • [-]
  • systmshk
  • 4 Points
  • 21:57:00, 12 January

TRP is about reality, no matter how inconvenient, so yeah.

  • [-]
  • regtopolous
  • 15 Points
  • 22:05:06, 12 January

Ugh.

So depicting a woman cleaning is oppression?

Well sex is definitely oppression then.

Seriously fuck you.

You will never stop us from having sex robots.

When I am in my old age I will have a robot sex attendant, and you will never take my love away from me. I don't care if it offends you feminazi scum.

This bot was created for me, she (gender is a social construct so YES, robots can have genders duurr) will be ideal.

Humans make for great friends, and interesting experiences.

But I just don't honestly trust us.

Like when you actually recognize how little control you really have over yourself, and how difficult it is to direct anywhere, I recognize, friends fuck each other over pretty much always.

A robot could display loyalty that no human could possibly hope to achieve.

All one has from a relationship is ultimately an experience.

Experiences can be simulated.

Thus one will not be able to disguinwish between biological robot from nature known as man and our own man made robots.

Well, I probably would because the girl would be perfect, and real woman aren't that way, they're flawed as all humans.

But other than the perfection of an ideal thing... it'd be the same.

  • [-]
  • Pretentious_Designer
  • 2 Points
  • 00:46:51, 13 January

There is beauty in struggle. Without having to work hard in order to gain respect and sexual attraction from a woman, what will you honestly have to work hard for?

I might be in the minority here, but I prefer a real woman that values me and has to make conscious decisions to be with me. She decided to be with me, to alter the course of her life, and I think thats worth the risk. The risk makes the reward better.

  • [-]
  • hmmnonono
  • 7 Points
  • 21:41:18, 12 January

It's like how they don't give a shit if legalizing prostitution would make things safer for prostitutes and their clients. They don't necessarily oppose improving conditions for prostitutes, but not at the cost of undercutting the monopoly on sex.

  • [-]
  • SomersetRaglan
  • 6 Points
  • 22:00:54, 12 January

I'm confused. The link is about an uproar about a research journal posting a picture of a female robot broom sweeper on its cover.

  • [-]
  • Pretentious_Designer
  • 1 Points
  • 00:49:20, 13 January

The shitty part is they totally miss the point of the illustration. It was to take an image that you might see any day normally and add this robotic element to it. The point was to create a scene from the house of the future but to make it human and accessible.

  • [-]
  • YouLove2H8Me
  • 4 Points
  • 22:20:12, 12 January

Imagine how perfect the world would be. All the betas fuck robots and we get the real women, and they won't be the same spoiled brats they are today because all their beta orbitera will be gone.

  • [-]
  • hermit087
  • 4 Points
  • 23:01:17, 12 January

A woman's "alpha fucks" will still continue as VR and sexbots become mainstream. What they are worried about is that their "beta bucks" would be in jeopardy, because those are the men who would be using this tech.

  • [-]
  • SSTUPNC
  • 4 Points
  • 23:46:41, 12 January

I really don't see this robot thing happening in our lifetime. While it is something fun to theorize about I don't see it happening.

  • [-]
  • Clauderoughly
  • 5 Points
  • 00:05:07, 13 January

Oh I agree but it really gives you a window into the neurotic, insecure mindset of feminists that they are flipping their shit over the mere IDEA of a bot like this.

  • [-]
  • watersign
  • 6 Points
  • 22:56:48, 12 January

What we as RedPillers need to do is regard feminism as a whole as "pop up ads" if you will. They do nothing except annoy everyone and get in the way of productivity. Feminists, like most liberals/democrats are innumerate and base all of their research on anecdotal evidence. I'd respect them more if they actually used hard data and backed it up..like every other researcher does..yes..even those in the social sciences do it to some extent but i'm not going to get into statistical methods here. Every piece of feminist propaganda ive read is all half truths and lies.

  • [-]
  • RedPillRx
  • 3 Points
  • 00:07:27, 13 January

I don't see anything in the article about it having sex, just cleaning.

Tactical assumption? Hahaha

  • [-]
  • DaphneDK
  • 1 Points
  • 00:37:18, 13 January

> "gynoid robot"

I wonder what the actual Japanese words used were. The word "gynoid" is a very Western construct.